NSW - Photo Walk with John Swainston and Fujifilm
NSW - PHOTO WALK WITH JOHN SWAINSTON AND FUJIFILM
LOCATION: PYRMONT, NSW
COST: MEMBERS $35, STUDENT MEMBERS $20, NON-MEMBERS $50
DATE: TUESDAY 4TH AUGUST 2020
TIMES: 5:30PM TO 8:00PM
The objective for the night will be to create a Photo Essay of 8 – 12 images, colour or monochrome, telling a story about the changing dynamics of a Cityscape. We will be looking for innovative expressions of change that a photo editor might see as a story worth publishing in a Photo magazine. Along the way attendees will be given hints and tips on establishing mood, message, storyline and tone. These will be submitted after the event for a follow-up online meeting.
• Warm clothes, cap/beanie
• Good hiking/walking shoes
• Camera and no more than two lenses; one fixed focal length and the other wide and fast!
• Rain protection for you and your gear in case it is wet; The AIPP accepts no responsibility for any water or other damage incurred during the trip should it rain.
8pm - Conclusion of event
POST-EVENT SUBMISSION DETAILS
• 1500 pixels on the long edge
• JPG quality 9
• Naming convention:'Surname-number-description.jpg'. Max 4 words in description, eg: "Swainston_1_100_harris_lonely_cycle.jpg
• Images are to be watermarked and/or Copyright markings for identification
In the follow-up Zoom session online during the following week/s (details to be advised), each photographer will have the opportunity to briefly describe their objective and story and receive feedback.
COVID Safety information
- Do not attend if you are feeling sick or unwell
- Maximum capacity for attendance at the walk is 20 people. Please ensure you remain aware of and implement social distancing of 1.5m throughout the event.
- Equipment is not to be shared.
- Tickets MUST be pre-booked. Only pre-registered guests will be permitted to attend in person.
- We will be taking a register of attendees and NO additional tickets will be available to purchase on the night. Please do not arrive without pre-booking as we will not be able to permit you to join the walk.
John is an Advisory Board member of the HeadOnFoundation, which stages the HeadOn Photo Festival in Sydney, which was called the HeadOnline Festival in 2020.
John lives in Bowral, but started his Australian working life in Pyrmont in 1979.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR NSW COUNCIL
The AIPP prides itself on the scope and variety of events it runs for members. Through its local councils, we offer social gatherings to build a strong network and community and varied and interesting CPD seminars and workshops aimed at helping members continue their professional development. Each year we have a state and national level peer review photo & video competitions, aimed at helping members and non-members alike raise their own personal imaging standards.
In light of the ongoing uncertainty, APPA and AVPA 2020 are suspended until further notice. We will continue to monitor this evolving situation, with further information provided as it becomes available.View the winning 2019 images
AIPP Epson State Awards
With much regret, the AIPP National Board in collaboration with the AIPP Awards Committee has made the decision to cancel all AIPP Epson State Professional Photography Awards events for 2020.
Over the coming weeks, we will be designing a framework in which image critiques and judge development workshops can be conducted online where possible.
We will also be exploring the viability of an exciting new AIPP online competition initiative for 2020, and hope to make further announcements about this in due course.Learn more