AIPP Mentoring Program
“Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.” – Steven Wright.
While this may be true, the AIPP Group Mentoring Program is designed to give you the benefit of someone else's experience - your mentor.
If you feel you need guidance, help and suggestions about how to develop and grow your photography business, the AIPP Mentoring Program may be just the thing you need. The cost of the program is $1,000 for the full year ($750 upon registration for the program and $250 due July 1, 2017), which represents great value.
Working with an experienced AIPP Mentor and alongside fellow Mentorees in your mentoring group, you will discuss, explore and ultimately gain an understanding of some of the steps you can take to develop your business.
The Mentoring Program runs on an annual calendar year basis (depending on applicant numbers) in all regions of Australia (if we have sufficient registrants) and consists of 10 x three-hour meetings. The actual content and topics covered during the program will be tailored to suit the group’s needs, not necessarily your personal situation.
The Mentoring Program is:
- An interactive way of learning
- A voyage of personal discovery
- Focused on running a photography business
- A resource to ask an experienced professional photographer questions and seek advice on business matters
- A forum to share your experiences with other like-minded photographers
- To meet, discuss topics and share knowledge and experience
What the program is not:
- It’s not a formal training program
- It’s not a means to a qualification
- Is not a business course
- It’s not a structured teaching program or a definitive 'school of business'
- It’s not a program to teach photography skills or techniques – it’s about business
- It’s not one-on-one mentoring, but an interactive group environment
The mentoring program is designed for you if:
- You are new to running a photography business business
- You believe you can improve your business practices
- You want to improve your client relationships
- You are keen to better understand the legal and best practice framework for a successful photography business
The mentoring program will work for you if:
- You are prepared to commit the time for the group meetings and any additional activities or tasks
- You are prepared to share your knowledge and experience
- You are prepared to work with your mentor and the other members of your group
What’s expected of you when you decide to take part
Participation is the key to your success.
- Be proactive. Don’t expect to be mothered. Your involvement is crucial and your opinion important.
- Think of useful questions. These are the backbone of any session. Understand that mentoring is not like a course where you sit and listen. It is more a case of being guided through your own thinking and reaching an outcome that is plausible and relevant to you.
- Be organised. Mentoring includes you discussing the work that you have done between sessions. Present the task well. Be articulate and to the point.
- Have a team spirit. Since the sessions are shared with other mentorees, it is important that you get involved.
- Reciprocate. Be willing to share your knowledge and experiences with others.
Read more HERE
If you are a current AIPP member and you would like to register your interest for the 2017 AIPP Mentoring Program, submit the application form and benchmarking survey by clicking below (NB: Only AIPP members are eligible to participate in the Mentoring Program).
The 2017 AIPP Mentoring Program intake is now closed and information regarding future programs will be advertised once available.